Label Made in Africa: The Green Carpet African Runway Project
Because we are a non-financed / non-subsidized / non-governmental / non-profit organization, we must call for your help and recur to your generous donation to be able to assure the continuity and success of MODAAFRICA – Et(h)nical Fashion Week which next 3rd edition is planed to happen in May 2018.
After its 1st edition in July 2015, and its 2nd in January 2017, MODAAFRICA keeps being The Luso-African Fashion Week (for excellence) with its promising, and till now well succeeded, social, cultural and ecological mission of letting the extraordinary creative production of of Luso and African fashion to be known in its most contemporary ethically sustainable strand.
Amongst our best results from the two first editions of MODAAFRICA it has been the opportunity to create synergies at both cultural and economical level between the several attending stakeholders, the partners and the participating designers.
There again, MODAAFRICA offers the right platform to show the latest collections of both young and mainstream creators working for a green fashion design and confection that consciously and ethically not only preserve traditions, but showing new trends thru a new dialogue indeed up-to-date, since they do it in a sustainable, innovative, creative, and yet, and always in a glamourous, elegant, empowering way.
For this purpose, MODAAFRICA invites African and Portuguese fashion designers whose collections are mainly ecological and so, more aware, ethically responsible for protecting a vast environmental and ethnical traditional heritage, while projecting it in the present day and into the future to redesign a contemporary culture, African and international.
On a global vision, which key-concept shares attention between sustainability and entrepreneurship, MODAAFRICA is also likely a platform to promote the blooming of young designers who in their early creative activity may find here the best opportunity to show their talents and their promising visions on Sustainable African Fashion.
Between the two first editions of 2015 and 2017, MODAAFRICA team is proud to acknowledge the important attendance of mainstream international designers, such as: Adama Paris (Senegal), Liz Ogumbo (Kenya), Jose Hendo (London, UK/Uganda), Nikola Conrandie (Namibia), Brama Sori Ba / BSB (Germany), Craig Jacobs, and Suzaan Heyns (South Africa), and Rogue Wave (Angola). While national representation deserved the spotlight for the collections of Joan Auguni, Ikilomba and also other emerging brand names like Mé-Wé Paris, Alfa Cante, Lubetina Mak and Bula.
For more information please go to: http://modaafrica.org
Budget and due dates
Because a project of such nature demands for a solid larger team to respond to a wide and organized range of tasks, we highlighted below the following key-points of our production agenda:
1st phase (6 months)
- Organization, programming, event's pre-production and sponsoring
- Communication, marketing and press advisory preparatory materials and actions
- Web-design + website development
2nd phase (6 months)
- Organization and event´s pre-production
- Printing and production of graphic material
- Guests listings and invitation processing
- Volunteers' team organization (for the days of the event)
- Event's production (guests' reception, backstage organization, teams' coordination; make-up + hairstyling, set-props, light and sound techs, runway production)
- Promotional photoshoots, videos and teasers for press / media coverage
- Organization of the Green Label MODAAFRICA cocktail party.
Below, we present estimated budget (reduced, minimizing costs by integrating the working teams ourselves, maximizing resources by/for strategic partnerships):
- Organization, programming and event's pre- production 4.100€
- Com munication, marketing and press advisory 2.000€
- Greeting photography poster (sponsored for 1000€) 0€
- Model for greeting poster 250€
- Website update and maintenance 2.300€
Total estimated (1st phase) 8.650€
- Organization and event's pre-production 5.200€
- Printing and production of graphic material 1.300€
Runway production: Human Resources
- Choreographer/Casting director 2.100€
- 15 prop and set design assistants (volunteers) 0€
- Models (contract + volunteers) 8.300€
- Backstage coordinator 1.300€
- (1) DJ 750€
- Executive production 4.500€
- Catering/backstage (sponsored for 250€) 0€
- Promotional photoshoots, videos and teasers for press / media coverage 3.000€
- Set design / Staging (sponsored for 4.500€) 0€
- Cleaning of venue (pre and post event) 500€
- Security guard(s) 250€
Technical structures (2 days rental)
- Regi-Tech. (sponsored for 3.500€) 0€
- 1 camera + technician (sponsored for1.500€) 0€
- Lightning and robotics 2.700€
- Sound 1.500€
- 2 Sound-techs. + 2 lightning techs. 4.500€
- Backstage-Materia (sponsored for 800€) 0€
Total estimated (2nd phase) = 36.150€
Please note that your support through this crowdfunding campaign will be essentially important to fund the costs of the 1st phase of the whole production agenda for the value of 8.650€.