Tourist and Cultural Guide of Olhão
Olhão is a land with strong cultural, historical and architectural singularities that are currently being rediscovered, but which still lack proper disclosure.
In the History of bilingual Tourist Guide publications in Olhão we only have a Guide in 1946 and an APOS Guide, published in 2010, also made by a group of citizens with the sponsorship of some private companies in exchange for advertising: Olhão Camping Park, Mútua de Seguros CRL, Pensão Bicuar, Moviflor, Sérgio Restaurant, Mime Design + Comunicação.
The APOS Guide, published in 2010, has already been run out. So we intend to publish an update in portuguese and english, in 2018, in order to explain what distinguishes Olhão, our History, our Architecture and our Legends.
This new guide may already be read here, but it needs funding for its paper publication, which is the purpose of the campaign.
It is a work of pure citizenship, with no intention of any monetary reward and, again, without any prior public support.
If in 2010, we were only about 10 volunteers who got funds through some publicity, this year of 2018 we intend to be hundreds of volunteers who through crowdfunding want to participate. And our association pledges to reward them in various ways, with the most honorable being putting their names (unless expressly requested anonymity) in the new 2018 Guide for that their civic intervention be remembered.
Budget and due dates
The requested budget of € 2500 will be exclusively for:
- The payment of the fees due to the platform PPL and VAT (€ 215.25)
- The typography printing of 4500 copies of the Guide, which will have 46 pages in A5 format, printed in 4/4 colors, in Couche Mate of 150grs, stapled with 2 points of wire (2284.75 €).
We estimate the following deadlines for our activities in this 2018 year :
- March/April - campaign at PPL
- May - printing in typography Litografis (Albufeira).
- MayJune /July - delivery of all copies promised to contributing participants.